Monday, August 11, 2008

Travelling and airlines for the most part... suck

I've always been a lover of all things transportation. As a small child living in a Philadelphia high-rise, I wanted to watch the bus driver do his thing. I love riding trains and subways, and of course, would gladly spend all day behind the wheel of just about any car. I'd love to take a long trip in either a big rig or a motorhome.

But... let me tell you about what airline travel has become. It sucks. Big time. Those of you that travel more than me surely know this but on an all-day journey from LAX to Maui, it really hit me. You really have to put so much thought into it all now .. from figuring out when to buy food because you need to buy it after you go through security and because they don't feed you on the plane anymore, to making sure the size of your liquid bottles are within regulations. How about $10 on board for a sandwich and a bag of chips. Yep, it's come to this. It's stressful. I even got busted for a pack of matches in my dopp kit. And no, I don't smoke. Who will be the first to correctly post on why I had them to begin with? As Thornton Mellon said, "I learned this in Europe."

No comments: